Public Limited Company (PLC)
A public limited company is a company whose shares can be freely sold to members of the public.
There are some specific requirements for starting a PLC. Make sure you meet the requirements before you begin.
What’s the process?
- Fill in the order form and pay online.
- We’ll register the company for you.
- We’ll email you when company registration has been confirmed, then send you the following in the post:
- Certificate printed on card
- Printed company register and first minutes
- Share certificates
- Two bound copies of the Memorandum and Articles
- Form SH50 to apply for a trading certificate
The price includes all Companies House fees and all printing. The process is usually completed within 24 hours.
Not sure if this is the right company format for you?
For some organisations, it is more appropriate to set up as a Private Limited Company (LTD) or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). For more information, please see our LTD vs LLP comparison.
£322 inc. Vat